I started the last post by stating that it feels like I've been experiencing life at a rate of WTFs, which led me to this post.
How do you handle a setback? There are only 2 things you can do when faced with a setback:
1. Back down
2. Rise above
Backing down, giving up, quitting, falling off, etc. No matter how you slice it, when you give in to defeat you are truly defeated. Just because you've lost the battle doesn't mean you're going to lose the war. You'll never know if you just quit and let whatever happened take control.
Rising above, facing defeat, planning your next move and using your setback as a lesson learned will help you recover. There are 5 steps you need to follow to overcome defeat.
1. Decide to do something about your situation. (decide that you will not be defeated)
2. Take action on your decision.
3. Focus on the future. ( focus on the solution not the problem)
4. Close the past and put that defeat behind you.
5. Believe in yourself and learn from the experience. (move in the direction of your dream)
Someone once told me "Winners Have Options"