"A Setback is a Setup for a Comeback"
- Willie Jolley
What better place to restart this blog than Mr. Jolley's quote? I don't know if he coined it or not but this is the first time I heard it. I thought about restarting this blog many times but 'life' gets in the way so to speak. Some people call them setbacks. Me, I had to dig deep to remember Willie's quote!
7 Rules for coming back
1. Refuse to accept defeat - Laugh in the face of disaster and get on your feet.
Many of us give up too easily. We need to realize that every failure brings us closer to success.
2. Decide to fight - Manage your emotions and take action.
The latin root for Decide means to cut off from ... when you make a decision you "cut off" all other options. Put yourself in the mindset that you have no option but to move forward with this goal. Think of the Trojan warriors (Trojan Horse).
3. Get Mad - Well, you're probably already mad but you need to use that pain as fuel and take action.
Get over it, go back to your plan and do what you need to do to make it happen.
4. Get Creative - What's that saying about life giving you lemons? Turn trouble to your advantage. Choose to see every situation as an opportunity for a second chance.
5. Focus on results - Why focus on anything else? Your results are the outcome of your actions. They provide a place for you to sit back and evaluate what was done and how it was done.
6. Take a chance - "Good things come to those who risk!"
7. Enjoy the ride - after all life is a journey and your destination will always be there so enjoy the journey.